How do I get food?
How to qualify for a gift of food from the Pantry:
- Individuals need to come to 816 E Clark St (Trinity Lutheran Church Building) Please use the parking lot doors and turn right. Half way down the hall is the Food Pantry.
- Families must reside in Clay County to qualify for help with food from the Food Pantry.
- Each head of household must be 18 years of age and self supporting.
- Families will need an ID with their address to receive food from the Pantry.
- Families will need to fill out TWO Household Eligibility Criteria Forms to receive food.
- College students who meet the eligibility requirements may only pick up food only for themselves - (if roommates are not part of their family.) Roommates need to come in and to fill out paperwork on themselves to receive food.
- Families will need transportation to take home their food boxes. They will need refrigeration for some food items.
The Vermillion Food Pantry is NOT a government agency. It is sponsored by the citizens of this community. Therefore, we ask that you not use our facility more that once per month, as our resources ARE limited.
The Community Food Pantry serves families and individuals who are in financial crisis in Clay County. (This is provided to them regardless of their race, sex, age or religious creed.)
Click here to view the Eligibility Guidelines.